8/16/2004 12:00 AM
The future operations complex at the Brayton Fire Training Field was named in honor of long-time division head Henry D. Smith, who led the former Fire Protection Training Division (now Emergency Services Training Institute) from 1957 to 1986. The announcement was made at a brief ceremony on July 24, prior to the beginning of the 75th annual Municipal Fire Training School.
The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents approved the naming of the Henry D. Smith Operations Complex at their July meeting. The 14,000-square-foot classroom and operations building is part of a TEEX capital improvement campaign and is expected to be completed by Fall 2006.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Phone: (979) 458-7753