The Groundwater Production correspondence course provides participants with a basic review of the water cycle and responsibilities of system personnel, including related safety issues and regulations. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to define and describe the concepts of water storage, pumping, and distribution.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Students Must Provide
- A proctor for all course examinations
- Access to a ground water facility for completion of project assignments to include a chlorine residual analysis
- Access to the most recent Consumer Confidence Report and bacteriological sample results
- Ability to acquire specific water well, pump, and motor information
- Access to information specific to a system storage facility's water meters, fire hydrants, and valves
Items Needed for Course Testing/Assessment
- Course must be completed within six months of start date
- All course examinations must be proctored
Prior Training Courses or Knowledge
It is recommended, but not required, participants complete the Basic Water Works Operations course.
TopicsIntroduction to Groundwater+Aquifers+Well Location+Well Construction+Groundwater Characteristics+Groundwater Treatment+Disinfection+Pumps and Motors+Well Operation and Maintenance+Safety+Records and Reports+Calculations
Suggested AudienceThis course is designed for public works personnel and new employees of a groundwater system.
Continuing Education and Professional Credits2 CEUs
TCEQ licensed water operators