The Recordkeeping Rule Seminar (OSHA #7845) course covers Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for maintaining and posting records of occupational injuries and illnesses, and reporting specific cases to OSHA. Upon course completion, students will have the ability to identify OSHA requirements for recordkeeping, posting and reporting and to complete OSHA Form 300 Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses, OSHA Form 300A Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses, and OSHA Form 301 Injury and Illness Incident Report.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
TEEX and the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) have an attendance policy that requires all students to fully attend enrolled classes. In order for the student to receive a certificate of completion, they must attend the entire class. We realize that extenuating circumstances may arise that would take a student out of class and have implemented the following policy to handle those situations. Below are the responsibilities and expectations of students in a TEEX course.
- Participants are expected to attend 100% of the course in which they are enrolled before a certificate of successful completion can be issued.
- If an extenuating circumstance arises in which a participant is unable to attend 100% of class, the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form prior to their leaving the classroom. If the extenuating circumstance arises during non-class hours, then the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form when they return to the class. If the participant is unable to return to class, they must still contact the instructor for the required processing.
- If the instructor approves an absence and the absence time is less than 20% of the class time, the instructor can assign makeup work for equivalent time missed.
- All assigned makeup work must be documented, checked by the instructor and returned with class materials to be maintained in the class record as required by OSHA and TEEX.
- For all other approved absences, participants must enroll through TEEX Registration to retake the course within the OSHA required six-month time frame.
- Unexcused absences require participants to register/pay/attend the class again at another time.
TopicsSpecific OSHA recordkeeping requirements +Exceptions to exemptions for small employers and employers in low-hazard industries +Mechanics of OSHA recordkeeping +Location, retention and maintenance of records +Maintenance of the log (OSHA No. 300) +Deciding if work-related injuries are recordable +Lost workday cases, reporting fatalities and multiple hospitalizations +Penalties for failure to comply with recordkeeping obligations
- Employers with 11 or more employees
- Industrial Hygienists
- Safety Supervisors
- Building Inspectors
Continuing Education and Professional Credits0.4 CEUs
Government ProgramsGSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 723-3811+Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits® For information contact Veteranservices@teex.tamu.edu or call (877) 833-9638