**PLEASE NOTE** online registration is not available. You must provide prerequisite information, complete all required documentation, and submit via fax or mail. To protect your sensitive personal information, please do not email forms/documentation.
The Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers (OSHA #503) course is designed for Outreach Training Program trainers who have completed course #501 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry and who are authorized trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program. The course provides an update on OSHA General Industry Standards, policies, and regulations. Upon course completion students will have the ability to demonstrate continued professional development in their field by applying effective adult learning principles and interactive training techniques to clearly identify, define, and explain general industry hazards and acceptable corrective measures as they continue to teach the 10- and 30-hour General Industry Outreach Training Program classes.
NOTE: In order to maintain trainer status, Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainers are required to attend the Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers (OSH503) course every four years.
Participants must verify the following prerequisites have been met prior to registering for this course:
- Evidence of completion of the Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry (OSH501)
- A current Outreach Training Program Trainer Card for General Industry
These prerequisites may be accomplished by uploading a copy of the documents during registration using the TEEX Student Portal. Once received and approved, the Participant will be notified by email they have met all prerequisites and have been added to the class roster. All documentation is due at least 14 business days prior to the start of class.
TEEX and the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) have an attendance policy that requires all students to fully attend enrolled classes. In order for the student to receive a certificate of completion, they must attend the entire class. We realize that extenuating circumstances may arise that would take a student out of class and have implemented the following policy to handle those situations. Below are the responsibilities and expectations of students in a TEEX course.
- Participants are expected to attend 100% of the course in which they are enrolled before a certificate of successful completion can be issued.
- If an extenuating circumstance arises in which a participant is unable to attend 100% of class, the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form prior to their leaving the classroom. If the extenuating circumstance arises during non-class hours, then the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form when they return to the class. If the participant is unable to return to class, they must still contact the instructor for the required processing.
- If the instructor approves an absence and the absence time is less than 20% of the class time, the instructor can assign makeup work for equivalent time missed.
- All assigned makeup work must be documented, checked by the instructor and returned with class materials to be maintained in the class record as required by OSHA and TEEX.
- For all other approved absences, participants must enroll through TEEX Registration to retake the course within the OSHA required six-month time frame.
- Unexcused absences require participants to register/pay/attend the class again at another time.
Student May Bring
In order to fully participate in all classroom activities, access to a personal computer or laptop is recommended.
TopicsOutreach Program Changes and General Industry Updates+Ethics and the Role of an Outreach Trainer+Training: Principles and Techniques
This course is designed for OSHA Authorized Outreach Trainers who deliver training in support of the OSHA General Industry Outreach Training Program.
Continuing Education and Professional Credits1.9 CEUs
Government ProgramsGSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact email@example.com or call (800) 723-3811