The Hazardous Materials (OSHA #2015) course covers OSHA General Industry Standards and other consensus and proprietary standards that relate to the use of hazardous materials. Course topics include flammable and combustible liquids, compressed gases, LP-gases, and cryogenic liquids. Related processes such as spraying and dipping, and use of electrical equipment in hazardous locations are also discussed. Upon course completion, students will have the ability to assess compliance with OSHA hazardous materials standards, determine hazardous (classified) locations, and proper moving, storing, and handling of hazardous materials.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
TEEX and the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) have an attendance policy that requires all students to fully attend enrolled classes. In order for the student to receive a certificate of completion, they must attend the entire class. We realize that extenuating circumstances may arise that would take a student out of class and have implemented the following policy to handle those situations. Below are the responsibilities and expectations of students in a TEEX course.
- Participants are expected to attend 100% of the course in which they are enrolled before a certificate of successful completion can be issued.
- If an extenuating circumstance arises in which a participant is unable to attend 100% of class, the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form prior to their leaving the classroom. If the extenuating circumstance arises during non-class hours, then the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form when they return to the class. If the participant is unable to return to class, they must still contact the instructor for the required processing.
- If the instructor approves an absence and the absence time is less than 20% of the class time, the instructor can assign makeup work for equivalent time missed.
- All assigned makeup work must be documented, checked by the instructor and returned with class materials to be maintained in the class record as required by OSHA and TEEX.
- For all other approved absences, participants must enroll through TEEX Registration to retake the course within the OSHA required six-month time frame.
- Unexcused absences require participants to register/pay/attend the class again at another time.
TopicsCompliance issues +29 CFR 1910 Subpart H +Introduction to hazardous materials +Classification tanks and piping +Compressed and liquefied petroleum gases +Spray finishing +Dip tanks +Hazardous waste operations and emergency response (HAZWOPER) +Cryogenics +Confined space entry +Process safety management
- Safety & health industry professionals
- Industrial hygienists
- Inspectors, logistics, and operations personnel
- Construction industry professionals
- Oil & Gas industry professionals
- Hazardous waste personnel
- Warehouse personnel
- Manufacturing personnel
- Freight terminal personnel
- Welding industry professionals
- Waste disposal personnel
- Industrial plant professionals
Continuing Education and Professional Credits3.1 CEUs
Government ProgramsGSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact email@example.com or call (800) 723-3811+Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits® For information contact Veteranservices@teex.tamu.edu or call (877) 833-9638