Basic Sniper uses practical exercises to provide law enforcement designated marksmen the knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively engage threat targets in response to active shooter, hostage rescue, or barricaded shooter situations.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements SWAT Sniper Training Course #3324.
Instructor George Jahant
George Jahant joined the San Antonio Police Dept. in
December of 1977. Over the course of 38 years, he gained experience in patrol,
narcotics, CSI, and Special Weapons and Tactics. Thirty two years of his career
were spent in the Special Operations field. There as an operator and supervisor
he played a major part in the development, and training of one of the top Law
Enforcement Special Operations Programs in the nation.
Instructor Richard Smith, Jr.
Richard Smith joined the San Antonio Police Dept. In
September 1989. In his 27 year career with San Antonio Richard worked Patrol,
was an instructor at the Police Academy, and worked in the street crime driven
Tactical Response Unit before being assigned the Special Operations Unit. As a
member of Special Operations his primary focus was SWAT Hostage Negotiation as
well as being the San Antonio Police Dept. Tactical Medic Program Coordinator.
Richard's skills have lead him to be a highly sought Police Trainer with over
24 years of teaching experience.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Rifle, Bolt or Semi Auto, 5.56mm or larger in caliber with magnified optic (scope)
- 500 rounds ammo (No Armor Piercing or Tracer Ammo)
- Magnified Optic
- Sling (Must assist in unsupported shooting)
- Shooting Sticks / Tripod / Anything to help support the gun
- Ammo / Mag Pouch
- Data Book / Clipboard / Notebook with pen/pencil
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Billed Cap
- Bean Bag / Shot Sock
- Range Bag / Small Backpack
- Cleaning Kit
- Water Bottle / Camelback
- Sunscreen and Bug Spray
- Kestrel / Anemometer / Weather Station
- Knee and Elbow Pads
- Shooting Pad / Mat
- Rangefinder / Binoculars
- Smartphone with Ballistic App, i.e. Knight's Bulletflight M, MD Ballistics, Ballistics AE, JBM, ATRAG, Applied Ballistics, etc.
TopicsSafety Rules+Weapons system+Optics and Reticles+Care and cleaning+Ballistics+Documentation and record keeping+Principles of marksmanship+Liability+Qualifications
- Participants should be currently commissioned peace officers
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsTexas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)