Officers always have a firearm and these weapons play a large role in police work. Firearms by their very nature are a destructive device. Officers need to know safe, proper handling procedures for firearms to prevent unwanted catastrophes.
This course introduces the basic principles of firearms handling and firearms safety. Participants will be introduced to basic marksmanship principles and firearms functions to include, loading/unloading/reloading, stoppage clearance and positions shooting.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements TEEX Firearms Basics (Online) Course #78033.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Broadband internet connection
- Recommended - Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives - Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsFirearm safety+Drawing firearms+Shooting+Tactical movement+Weapon malfunctions+Loading weapons+Unloading weapons+Use of cover
Peace officers, first responders, and any individual interested in firearms.
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsTexas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Videos used in this course are available on the TEEX YouTube channel; however to obtain TCOLE credit for this topic, participants must register, watch the videos, and successfully complete the course exam.
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an
email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a
confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677or firstname.lastname@example.org