Proper use of radio communications can create an effective and efficient work environment. This course prepares participants to properly utilize the radio and its associated resources while on the Harris County Radio system. The participants will learn skills that will assist them in utilizing the approved basic hand held and mobile radios while operating them in a professional manner. Course instruction is through online lecture and summary questions.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Communications & Operations Course #3852.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for the eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
TopicsBasic Hand Held Radio +Basic Mobile Radio +Channels Operation +Federal Communications Commission +History of Two-Way Radio +Introduction to Radio Physics +Mobile Radio Installations +Radio Etiquette
- All radio users using the Harris County Radio system
Continuing Education and Professional Credits0.4 CEUs
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com
This course was developed through a partnership with Harris County.