This is the second of three courses for those seeking certification through the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) or State Firemen’s and Fire Marshals’ Association (SFFMA) to become a Fire Investigator.
This course satisfies the basic requirements as described in National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1033, Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Investigator (2009 Ed.) and follows the requirements of TCFP and SFFMA. This class is NOT a ProBoard Certification class.
For certification purposes, the phases must be taken in sequence.
- Proof of successful completion of Fire Investigator Phase 1 or equivalent must be submitted by the first day of class.
- You must provide a copy of your transcript or a certificate to the lead instructor on the first day of class.
Course Completion Requirements
- Jones and Bartlett, Fire Investigator: Principles & Practice to NFPA 921 & 1033, 5th edition
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Wear regular station duty wear for fire field activities
- Wear office attire for classroom sessions
- You may not wear to any class or field activity
- sleeveless shirts
- open-toed shoes
TopicsCause Determination+Fire-Related Human Behavior+Explosions+Fire and Explosion Deaths and Injuries+Electricity+Accidental Fires+Vehicle Fires+Wildfire Investigation+Management of Major+Investigations+Post Incident Investigations
Suggested AudienceAll Emergency Response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control and safety personnel.
Continuing Education & Professional Credits5 CEUs
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)+CE
Annual School Class Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. until finished
Annual Fire Training School Registration Requirements
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system. If you are using a Purchase Order (including H.B. 2604 voucher) please place the number in the PO field for payment. Please know we must have a copy of the PO or voucher within 48 hours of your registration or you will be canceled out of the class.
Annual Fire Training School Late Registration
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.