This course is designed for the individual conducting fire inspections, life safety surveys/inspection, and fire code enforcement for single occupancy. The Fire Inspection I course satisfies the requirements of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 1031), Chapter 4 and provides the tools necessary to obtain National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board). This course satisfies part I of three parts required for Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) and State Firemen’s & Fire Marshals’ Association (SFFMA) Fire Inspector Certification.
It is designed around classroom lectures and individual activities to provide the student the needed skills and knowledge to conduct single occupancy fire inspections.
You must either have State or National Certification in the following disciplines no later than the last day of the course:
- NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials-Awareness
Course Completion Requirements
You are required to bring the following items to class
- IFSTA, Fire Inspection and Code Enforcement, 8th edition
- NFPA 101, Life Safety Code, 2015 edition
- Basic Calculator
Bring to class
- Laptop Computer
- Thumb drive
TopicsDuties and Authority+Standards, Codes, and Permits+Fire Behavior+Construction Types and Occupancy Classifications+Building Construction: Materials and Structural Systems+Building Construction: Components+Means of Egress+Water Supply Distribution Systems+Water-Based Fire-Suppression Systems+Special-Agent Fire-Extinguishing Systems and Extinguishers+Fire Detection and Alarm Systems+Fire Hazard Recognition+Site Access+Hazardous Materials: Descriptions and Identification Methods+Hazardous Materials: Storing, Handling, Dispensing, Transporting, Using, and Disposing+Plans Review and Field Verifications+Inspection Procedures
- Military and Department of Defense (DoD) Firefighters and Officers
- Municipal Firefighters and Officers
- Volunteer Firefighters and Officers
Continuing Education & Professional CreditsPro Board+CE+Texas Commission of Fire Protection (TCFP)+State Firemen’s and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)+Department of Defense (DoD)
- Minimum class size: 15
- Maximum class size: 25
- Out-of-state pricing, please contact the Leadership Program for information.
- To register for this course, open the registration form, print it, fill it out, and send it to the fax number or mailing address on the form.
Texas Annual Fire Training School Specific Information
If you are attending this course as part of Texas Annual Fire Training School taught each July, you need to be aware of the following additional information below.
Registration for Texas Annual Fire Training School
- Only Texas Annual Fire Training School registration forms will be accepted. You can print the registration form and mail it with a check, or fax it to (979) 847-9301 with an approved/signed Purchase Order.
- A late fee of $50.00 will be assessed to payments made after the registration deadline for the Texas Annual Fire Training School .
- Class Limit: 25 Students.
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - noon
- This course requires PPE Level 1 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual. All students are required to follow this manual at all times.
- You must wear regular work attire for training activities and classroom sessions.
- You may not wear shorts, sleeveless shirts, or open-toed shoes to any class or field activity.