This course provides you with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills to safely resolve an emergency in a variety of liquid bulk-storage structures found in a plant facility. Through field exercises, you will gain confidence in your ability to handle a variety of liquid bulk-storage emergency situations such as tank fires, railcar fires, or spills.
- If you would like certification, you must provide proof by the end of the class that you are trained to National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 472 Hazardous Materials (HazMat) Technician or above.
- We are no longer accepting 29 CFR 1910.120(q) without the course syllabus outlining the exact course content, and it must meet NFPA 472 Hazmat Technician.
- You can provide a certificate or a transcript from an accredited agency that lists successful completion of Hazmat Technician or above level or training. This proof must be dated prior to the last day of class.
Course Completion Requirements
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
This course requires PPE Level 4 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual. All students are required to follow this manual at all times.
Due to the nature of the training, a physical examination is recommended prior to enrolling in this course.
TopicsPreplanning+Tank identification+Product identification+Foam calculations+Storage tank strategy and tactics+Large diameter hoses+Large diameter nozzles+Suppression methods+Suppression systems+Safety
This course is appropriate for all industrial emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control, and safety personnel. Potential attendees could include:
- Plant operators
- Plant maintenance personnel
- Laboratory personnel
- Electricians/Instrumentation techs
- Security personnel
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsPro Board
Courses will begin at 8 a.m. on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
- Must be paid prior to or on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
- Include course materials.
- Do not include lodging or meals.
Annual Fire Training School Information
If you are attending this course as part of TEEX's Texas Annual Fire Training School taught each March and July, you need to be aware of the following additional information.
Annual Fire Training School Registration Requirements
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system. If you are using a Purchase Order please place the number in the PO field for payment. Please know we must have a copy of the PO or voucher within 48 hours of your registration or you will be canceled out of the class.
Annual Fire Training School Late Registration
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.
American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Identified
Testing Policy - American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Identified Disabilities
Annual Fire Training School Contact Information
If you have any questions about Annual Schools, call (866) 878-8900 or email email@example.com.
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- You must wear regular work attire for training activities and classroom sessions.
- You may not wear to any class or field activity
- sleeveless shirts
- open-toed shoes