The goal of this training is to provide Hurricane Disaster Preparedness for communities to encompass the preparation strategies and comprehensive planning necessary before a tropical cyclone or hurricane strikes. The participants will work through a table top exercise to help increase readiness for their communities in preparation for the upcoming hurricane season.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Directors and staff of local response agencies
- Supervisors and front-line employees
- Hospital department heads or managers
- College and university representatives
- School district staff
- Airport and port facility managers
- Public non-profit and private-sector organizations
- Public Information Officers (PIOs)