This course covers investigative methods and standards for the acquisition, extraction, preservation, analysis, and deposition of digital evidence from storage devices. This course offers a wide array of forensics situations that are applicable to the real world. Students will learn how to find traces of illegal or illicit activities left on disk with computer forensics tools and manual techniques, and how to recover data intentionally hidden or encrypted by perpetrators.
Two credit hours through ACE are provided only if all four courses within the Online for IT Professionals (Cyber 201) track are completed.
- 56K modem internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- Current browser (i.e., Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Firefox 2.0 or higher, or Safari 2 or higher)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or higher
- Adobe Flash 22.214.171.124 or higher
Course Completion Requirements
- Current browser (i.e., Internet Explorer or, Firefox, Safari)
- To prevent issues during your online course, please be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version
- Pop-ups must be enabled
- Adobe Flash 126.96.36.199 or higher (i.e., Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer etc.)
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Broadband connection recommended.
TopicsEvidentiary reporting +Computer technologies+Digital evidence collection
Suggested AudienceEmergency management agency
Emergency medical services
Public safety communications
Hazardous Materials Personnel
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsACE
In order to receive the full two credit hours, all four classes in the Cybersecurity for IT Professionals track must be successfully completed.
After registering for this online course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us.
Government ProgramsFor DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact email@example.com or call (800) 541-7149